About Me

About Me

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Animal Print..Bet Lynch or Fabulous?



Animal print like stripes is another tricky look that can run the risk of going terribly wrong, hello Bet Lynch!


Going through my closet I realized I have a few animal print numbers that I really like and I think aren't too Coronation Street....

This very understated use of animal print is a great option if you don't want an obvious all over print outfit. I wore this dress to 60's night (picture on the right) a couple of years ago, just to explain the OTT make up!
I tried it on again lest night (picture on the left) and still think its very much a style I'd wear today.
Clearly Miss Lynch was on to something!

For those of you thinking...your being waaaay to tame with the animal print look...these next looks are for you!


I fell in love with this pink and leopard print dress from Miss Selfridge as I not seen a print like this before. 
The injection of bright pink give it a fabulously girly feel, which is right up my street!
For a big girls night out I'd wear this dress with these super high pink court shoes from Aldo. 

  
Another way I've worn this dress is with a slight rock chic feel.
With chunky wedge black shoe boots from NewLook and a pork pie hat from TopShop this dress goes from super girly to rock chic ready. 


My final animal print outfit is this long tee dress from RiverIsland, this is one of my fail safe dresses.  Even on an 'I feel totally gross day' this dress works. It covers your arms, its loose around your tummy and with a V neck line it elongates the neck slimming the upper body. 
It's a WINNING dress!!

I'm very aware that I have stuck to one type of animal print (that's an excuse to go shopping right?), so watch out for my next post where I'll explore other animal print options that are on the high-street today and how the celebs are doing this standing the test of time trend...Bet would be proud! 

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment