About Me

About Me

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Dotty about stripes

Stripes can be a risky business but worn well they look amazing! 


I've held off posting about Olivia Palermo because I could quite easily post about her everyday. In my eyes she has the most incredible sense of style! All of her stripey outfits are on trend, sophisticated, classy, fun and fabulous!! She also has a gift when it comes to accessorizing, but I'll leave that for another post!

All of Olivia's looks are very fitted so I've also included Fern and Lauren's loose fitted stripe looks for a cool casual way of making stripes work. 

Making Stripes work for me...

I've jumped on the stripe wagon for my work outfit today, this shirt dress from New Look is really easy to wear, it nips you in at the waist giving a great silhouette without being clingy. To finish off the outfit I added a chunky gold necklace from Primark (only £1.50) that ties in with the gold button detail on the dress and belt.  



With a black and white outfit I always like to add a splash of colour either with accessories, shoes or as in this case make-up.




This bright pink lipstick is part of the Kate Moss collection with Rimmel, and I love it! Finished off with black liquid eyeliner I've tried to give a slightly 50's feel to my look. 

For a more casual way of wearing stripes I've previously worn this outfit similar to Lauren and Ferns, teamed with bright red converse, this is a fun and easy look for a chill out weekend. 



I'd love to know how you've made stripes work for you!

x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment