About Me

About Me

Sunday, 14 April 2013

No Outfit Today - Saturday 13th April

So yesterday was a royally rubbish day, I had great plans to do last minute holiday shopping and had tickets to a gig in central London in the evening, but instead I sat on my sofa, watching TV having been sick all day
 :( 

I'm really disappointed too as I was so looking forward to wearing my new dress from river island and sharing it with you! Don't worry though this is not a post about my sick self and my choice of PJ's, I've decided I want to brighten myself up with a post on bold, block colour outfits. 

There is really only one celeb that I could pick for this particular trend as she not only rocks the look herself she designs GORGEOUS dresses on this trend...Victoria Beckham, you are marvelous!!!



All of these dresses are pure perfection! Classy, great shapes, elegant but far from boring with the electric choice of colour! 

I am a massive fan of this trend, so here are some bright block colour pieces from my wardrobe.


This is one of my all time favorite dresses, my mum saw it in a magazine and pointed it out to me, and I'm so glad she did. I was shocked to read that it was a dress from Amy Childs collection. The material is really flattering and looking on the website her designs are very much for women with curves, which I found to be a breath of fresh air as quite often on the high-street I find clothes are made for or suit more boyish figures. 




This purple TopShop dress is a really fun look for the summer, with a cheeky cut out on the front and back and teamed with these bright pink shoes its a very young and fresh take on the block colour dress. 


Not a bright colour option but very much like the shape of the Victoria Beckham dresses, this grey Primark dress is super sophisticated and being calf length can be worn both at work and on a night out. 
For a night out I'd team this dress with my glitzy black high heels from Miss Selfridge and my large bow style clutch bag also from Miss Selfridge.



This blue V neck pocket dress from TopShop is one of those dresses that can be worn for so many occasions and is another great choice for those 'I feel rubbish' days because of it's loose but not baggy and frumpy shape. I wear it with tights and flats for work, tights and heels for evenings out in the winter and last year I wore it with a white blazer and light brown sandals for a summer christening.



This little gem I got on a visit to M&Co with my mum, not a store I would usually shop in but this was on sale for just £10 and I think its gorgeous! A flattering neck like an little cut of sleeves, worn with nude pointed mid heels a fab summer office look that cost less than a weeks worth of Costa coffees. BARGAIN!



I saved this fabulous H&M summer dress for last, the light lemon colour brings sunshine to any occasion (super cheesy but totally true!) It can be worn with flat sandals for a day time outfit or dressed up with heels for a summer evening. In this picture I've worn leopard print super high heel court shoes from Dorothy Perkins - another awesome sale find at only £10!!

I'd like to think I've shown you can make this very high end trend work at seriously good prices!!!

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment