About Me

About Me

Sunday, 19 May 2013

1920s Fashion

As promised and having been draw into the wonderful world of 20s fashion watching The Great Gatsby on Thursday, here are some of the amazing 1920s pieces that are out on the UK high street. right now I was surprised that a lot of the stores weren't showing a huge amount of this look, but I predict in the next few weeks/months we'll start seeing more of it. 

Miss Selfridge is the store that's leading the way with 20s inspired pieces...


























I am so tempted to buy the first dress on the left in this picture, I absolutely love it,  it's my birthday next month so perfect for a glam evening out. I think it is stunning! I've just been onto the Miss Selfridge website again but have convinced myself if it still there on payday I'll buy it, if not it wasn't meant to be!

The dress on the far right is another fave for me but the shape would do absolutely nothing for my shape,  it would look amazing on you ladies out there who have slim, straight up and down figures. You would ROCK this dress! 

If all over 20s glamour is a bit much for an occasion or just too much for you, these shorts are a gorgeous way of adding a touch of this trend to an outfit.

The last of these four outfits is beautifully detailed at the front, a really delicate, girlie steer on a this glamorous era.

How the other high-street stores are doing 20s...



























There wasn't a huge amount to choose from when looking at the rest of the high-street, and these dresses don't get me quite as excited as the Miss Selfridge dresses but they are all still very pretty. The items I am loving from this page are the asos headbands. They are so very twenties and so beautiful! A way to effortlessly add glamour to an outfit.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment