About Me

About Me

Thursday, 9 May 2013

FLOWER POWER!!!



The reason I got into taking pics of my outfits and blogging was because of the site WIWT, and this week they're doing a competition with F&F at Tesco's. Each day a trend is selected and from those who post pics of outfits following the trend 1 is picked as a winner and receives £75 voucher. 

Day 1 was stripes...but I've recently blogged about my love of stripes - I'm totally ahead of the game! Today's trend is floral....bring on the flower power babay - Austin Power eat your heart out!

I don't have a whole lot of floral, but I gave it a go...

outfit


I received this TopShop playsuit for my birthday a couple of years ago, I love the double strap detail at the top and being a playsuit it's super comfy plus it has pockets...even better!

I'm not sure if I wore this playsuit now I would wear it as designed...

outfit


I'd wear it as a top, with my pleather skater skirt and chunky black shoe boots, to give it a more rock chick edge. 

The floral trend is one that is always going to be 'in' particularly in the summer, so providing we get a summer here in the wet and windy UK, here are some of my favorite pieces from the high-street.


NewLook has the largest floral range. These two tees are fun and a little cheeky without being vulgar which I like!!

The red flower playsuit with it's fab poppy print and would be a great comfy holiday number.

The blue/grey oversized blazer, is a fantastic way to spice up the work wardrobe. Its a stylish understated way of bring floral's to the office if the colourful numbers would be frowned upon!

My favorite of the NewLook pieces is the one shoulder black and flower print maxi dress. So many maxi dresses lack shape and are unflattering but the structured top of this dress will stop you looking like a sack of potatoes and show off your curves fabulously! 



Oasis and TopShop are bringing a few winners to the floral party.
The two mid dresses from Oasis have very pretty girlie prints, the top left dress with a straight cut, which would look very cute with flats. The bottom left the opposite with a shape designed to show off the curves, a great number for a summer drinks date.

My favorite of these pieces is again a maxi dress, I like the unusual choice of colours for a floral print, I also really like the high neck cut, and it nips in at the waist too, so alothough it's a loose fitting dress, it inst shapeless.

If a floral print outfit is a bit too much flower for you, this gorgeous blue necklace from oasis is a great way of bringing the trend in with accessories. 

TopShop have done a fab job with this floral blazer, add a pair of jeans, a vest top, a chunky necklace (not the blue one on this page, flower overkill!) and pointed stilettos and you have a fab summer evening out outfit.
 Last but by no means least the floral brogues with the cut out section, not only gorgeous but practical too, no one like sweaty feet on a hot summers day! 

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment