About Me

About Me

Sunday, 19 May 2013

Office-wear on a budget

Inspired by some fantastic dresses a colleague of mine, who works in an area of the business that's a bit more suited and booted has been wearing, I decided to take a look at what the high-street has to offer for corporate wear. Suits and smart dresses can end up costing an arm and a leg so I was really pleasantly surprised when she said her lovely (not cheep looking at all) dresses were from Matalan. 


























Matalan are showing some lovely summery office dresses right now, I love that they haven't stuck to boring black and grey and the use of the colour blocking is super flattering!

My friend has the second dress on the top row, it looks absolutely stunning on and I love the use of floaty cream material for over the tops of the arms, very summery and covers up those bingo wings for those pre bikini ready sunny days!

Another of my faves is the grey and white dress (3rd on the bottom row) the slight V is not too low but enough to elongate the neck and for the those busty girls out there it'll stop you looking too top heavy.








Matalan have also got some great suits. The narrow shape of the navy trousers keeps this suit on trend and I'd add in this bright cow neck vest to add a bit of colour. 

I really like the shape of the black skirt to the right of this picture, it gives the suit quite a glamorous feel I think, and for summer I'd team it with this lovely embellished orange vest, which would look fantastic with a tan!

Another high-street store showing some great office wear right now it Next, coming in slightly more expensive at blazers averaging at £45, so maybe not the place to change your entire work wardrobe, but defiantly a good place to look if you want to treat yourself to a nice new suit.



x x x

2 comments:

  1. Matalan are great for workwear on a budget, great post with some lovely outfits x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick! I really love some of the colours they're using!

      I was so surprised when my friend said her dress was from there, I felt I had to share this discovery!

      x x x

      Delete