About Me

About Me

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Today's Outfit - 15th May 2013

I love it when you can take an item you'd usually wear as part of a going out outfit or in this case a holiday number, that you can put together with other pieces in your wardrobe to create office looks.
I am fortunate enough to work in an office where there is a relaxed, smart/casual dress code, so I appreciate these ideas can't always be achieved in more formal offices. If you have to follow a more formal dress code for work keep an eye out for my next post about how to achieve the suited and booted look amazingly and at a great price!!

So you may recognise this dress from my holiday outfits, it's memorable feature being the beautiful lace details on the back. I really love this dress and wanted to wear it again and sooner than waiting for the sun to finally show it's face in the UK...which may not happen again this summer (looking outside at the grey sky!)


To make this RiverIsland dress office appropriate I teamed it with black tights and grey NewLook ankle boots. Showing too much bare leg in the office is a no no for me so black tights were a must, and I really like the casual chick feel the boots give this quite bridal looking dress.




I also had to be aware that however pretty the lace details is, it's not really appropriate for the office, so I added a black fitted blazer from Principles to cover the back. 



Have a good think about what dresses you have in your wardrobe that you could smarten up for a great office look!

x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment