About Me

About Me

Sunday, 19 May 2013

Today's Outfit - Friday 17th & Saturday 18th May

Eeeek sorry for being a little slack with my outfit posts, I have to admit it's because I've had so many evenings out this week!

Thursday night I was well and truly treated, an evening at BAFTA in Piccadilly for a screening of The Great Gatsby. Many of the lady's who attended the event were dressed in stunning 20's inspired outfits, champagne was flowing, a 20s folk bank was playing, it was glamour at it's finest. 

Heading into the cinema to my surprise there were goodie bags on all of the seats!!! Whats missing from the picture below is the chocolate and sweets that were also in the bag...they didn't make it as far as the weekend!


Among the goodies is a lovely shade of eye shadow from benifit's new range of longwear powder shadow, in the Gilt-y Pleasure shade.


This eyeshadow has a really nice golden shimmer to it's light brown, sandy colour. I'm really pleased with the shade we  were given as I'm not really an eye-shadow person, I very rarely wear it but this is defiantly a colour I'd wear, not too bright but will add a little simmer to the eye.

As for The Greats Gatsby, I loved the clothes, absolutely stunning...


















the film itself...maybe one to rent on DVD?

Friday 17th May


Friday we threw a surprise birthday dinner for my wonderful flat mate, who genuinely had no idea! Yay!
We went to a las iguanas in Kingston - mini review - food was nice but the cocktails were really disappointing so not somewhere I'd go back to. (Old soak I know!) Never the less the evening was great.


I wore a top I got in the RiverIsland sale a couple of months ago for the first time, I really like the cross over floaty design, I also like how the cross overs gather at the waist. I find a lot of these style tops gather lower on the body which makes your waist look larger than it is and is totally unflattering. I teamed the top with wet look leggings from H&M, my glitzy court shoes from Miss Selfridge and my leather jacket from Republic.

Overall I was happy with the outfit, but not happy at all with my hair, I have had my wave crimpers for a few years but used to crimp my hair when I wore hair extensions  Now my own hair is finally long enough for me to use them again I thought I'd give them a 2nd go. You'll see my first attempt on my Flower Power post, I chose to keep my side fringe down for that look, which I didn't think worked, so for this attempt I went for a middle parting, but I'm still not 100& happy with it, more work shall be done to perfect this hair doo!

My flatmate/the birthday girl, has kindly let me add her to this post to show off the gorgeous white mini dress she wore from RiverIsland



At 5ft 8 and legs that reach my armpits we have very different body shapes and this dress totally rocks hers. The dress is quite narrow across the chest and being broad I couldn't get away with it, but it fits Rach wonderfully! 
The black panels down the side are super flattering and create an amazing silhouette.

She teamed this killer dress with Nude court shoes from Kurt Geiger (she looks after her shoes way better than me so can afford to go designer from time to time - me they'd be wrecked in a month!) a colour that continues the line of the leg making hers look even longer...she was a show stopper that night!!!

Saturday 18th May


Saturday night was another birthday night out, and in reverse from Friday I decided to get the pins out.


This lovely playsuit from NewLook always makes me think of an outfit Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman (post meeting Richard Gere of course!!) I really love the colour, and that has a high neckline, to balance how short the shorts are, keeping it looking on the right side of classy vs trashy.


Inspired by the fashion and glamour of both of these films keep a look out for my next post where I'll look at what the high-street is offering to achieve both a 20s and 90s look!

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment