About Me

About Me

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Liebster Award #2

I could not be more excited and flattered to be nominated for my second Liebster Award!!!




The incredibly stylish Karen of Mission;Style nominated me
a) Thanks so much!!
b) Bexandthecity readers your must check out Mission;Style it's a fabulous blog!!


The Liebster award aims to promote up and coming bloggers (only those with under 200 Google followers can be nominated) so we all get a chance to find some new reading material and promote the lesser known blogs too!

You might like to take a look at the following 10 blogs that Karen also nominated

Belle of Honeybelle
Christina of Just So Fashion
Joanna of Poppys Style
Nia of Fashfoodista
Paulina of Petite Paulina

The rules:
  1. Nominees must answer 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated them.
  2. You need to choose 11 blogs with under 200 followers to pass the award onto and let them know you've nominated them by commenting on their blog.
  3. Come up with 11 new questions for them to answer.
So, here goes with 11 things you probably don't know about me...

Q1. What's been your best sale buy this season?

Oh gosh all of my summer buys have been bought in the summer sales, I think it has to be this gorgeous zara dress I bought just this Tuesday. 



I haven't worn it yet so keep a look out for how I style it, this is how some of the celebs have worn it


Q2. Flats or heels?

100% a heels girl!!!

Q3. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because lots of people at work would compliment my outfits, and were always really shocked at the low prices of the items, so I wanted to show case that you can look super stylish and on trend on a budget.
Plus I like pointing out styles that look best on different body types, as most of my close girl friends are super tall, slim arms and legs and their problem area is their tummy.
Where as I'm 5ft 5, I keep a flat tummy what ever weight I am but my problem areas are my arms and legs. Many a time did I try and mimic one of their outfits and boy did it NOT work for me, so I have learnt how to dress for MY body type not someone else s.

Q4. What's on your wish list for the AW season?

I feel like my wardrobe is lacking colour and prints so I'm really interested to see what prints are on the horizon.
I'm also looking to get a really edgy winter coat. The one I got for winter 12 is a very classic elegant style, so I want something a little more on trend for those days I'm feeling very SJP.

Q5. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

This has got to be the hardest question for any shopaholic to answer...I think based on the current sale and the amazing pieces I got, I'm going with Zara.

Q6. Where do you get your style inspiration?

I regularly post my outfits on WIWT, and I like looking on there for how girls who are a similar shape to me are putting looks together. 
I look online at celebrity trend and see where there is similar items on the high-street.
Most of my inspiration comes from walking around the city, from the commute to and from work, to walking along Oxford Street there is inspiration everywhere.

Q7. Who would you most like to meet in the fashion world and why?

Tyra Banks

She didn't come from money, she has made her fortune post modelling, she has been all shapes and sizes through out her career and exudes confidence with them all and she does a great deal for charity and encouraging young girls to believe in themselves. 
Picking her brain would be an amazing experience.



Q8. Sweet or savoury?


Sweet!!!

Q9. Cocktails and dancing or, quiet meal and a DVD?



Cocktails and Dancing!!!

Q10. If you could choose a fashion era to style and wear, what would it be?

I have a mini obsession with Marilyn Monroe, and so I think it has to be the 50s but the Hollywood glamour of the 50's


Could she be any more sensational!!!

Q11. Do you have any weird talents?

I can roll my tongue in 3!?!


This isn't my tongue, but I can do it...random!!

On to my nominations...

Cara of NE_StyleSmart
Fifi of fifimcgee
Lucy of LucyLovesBeauty
Laura of FashionFor21
Imogen of ImogenMassey
Emma of TheBrunetteBeautyBlogger
Katherine Leigh of DirtyBlondeStyle
Martyne of GoingTheExtraMile
Sierra of BerryStylish
Ash of ABeautyMoment
Sophie of Sophisticatexx

My Questions for my nominees...

1. Who is your celebrity style crush?
2. What season style do you prefer (i.e. winter or summer styles)
3. If you could only wear 1 colour for the rest of your life what would it be?
4. What style or trend do you wish you could wear but doesn't work for you?
5. 1 beauty product you can not live without?
6. (steeling a question from above) Why did you start your blog?
7. What do you want to achieve with your blog/career in the next 10 years?
8. What's been your biggest fashion disaster?
9. Real, spray or sun bed tanning?
10. Best festival look this season?
11. Random fact about you

x x x

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!!

    Great answers! I love how you've also added pics! Loving that Zara dress and like you, if there was only one shop, It'd have to be Zara!!!

    Great talent! ; )

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo, I think all of your outfits on WIWT are lush!!

      Ah hahaha thanks not something I generally go round showing people lol!

      Have a fab weekend!

      x x x

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! Mwah!! I hope you're having a fab weekend x

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo chick, let me know when you've published the answers :D

      x x x

      Delete