About Me

About Me

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Skin Care - Getting Personal - Covering up Acne!

Over the weekend I received a letter from the dermatologist for an appointment on September 10th
YAY!!
This lead me to think more about my skin, suffering from acne, in particular how many people, even some who I'm very close to have no idea that I struggle with bad skin.
 Which made me think about how over the course of the 13 years I've had acne, I've become very adapt to covering it up successfully with make up, and has massively helped me cope day to day with the confidence challenges that come with a skin condition.

So I thought it might be useful for me to share my 5 key steps.

I actually meant to write this post on Sunday but chickened out because being a 20 something single girl, if a potential date sees this they may be put off, but I've had a good think and actually if that is true...I have no interest in dating them!
True beauty comes from within (without getting too deep, but it's totally true) however feeling good about your appearance massively helps with self esteem so i really hope this is helpful if bad skin is something that affects you.

Pre make up



Stage 1 - Bare Minerals Foundation 







Stage 2 - MAC Studio Liquid Foundation






Stage 3 - Concealer 





Stage 4 - Bronzer





Stage 5 - Blusher (plus eye make up)




Final look



5 stages may seem a lot but when you do them daily and they're part of your routine it takes no longer than 10 minutes to transform your face for the day...

Both pictures taking on the same day, in the same place, in the same lighting and instagram has not been used,
So after these 5 stages and doing my hair, I threw on my brill kakai jumpsuit and was ready to hit Covent Garden!!!


Acne is horrid and I can't wait to embark on my journey to getting rid of it, and share the journey with you all starting on the 10th September, but whilst I wait I refuse to let it hold me back!!!

MWAH

x x x

4 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this, i found it very helpful. i can never fully cover my Acne, ill have to give these products a try! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad you thought it was useful!!! Please let me know how you get on if you do use any of the products I've mentioned, and if you have any questions please do ask!!

      I don't know if you've seem my previous posts but this is the 3rd post I've published on acne, you might find the following two useful too:

      http://bexandthecity2013.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/skin-care-getting-personal.html

      http://bexandthecity2013.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/skin-care-getting-personalthe-next-steps.html

      x x x

      Delete
  2. looks amazing! Good for you for not letting it hold you back, you have some serious skills there! :)
    Sinéad xo | fabuleuse, toujours ♥ 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, years of practice!!

      x x x

      Delete