About Me

About Me

Saturday, 6 July 2013

Today's Outfit - Tuesday 2nd July - Work to Black Tie

Excitingly, the team I'm a part of was shortlisted for an innovation award, so after work on Tuesday we all got our glad rags on, to attend the black tie awards at the Hilton Park Lane. On top of the work to black tie change of attire, I had to bring clothes for a 2 day trip to Stornoway Wednesday morning.
 Key thoughts that came to mind
Pack light
1 pair of shoes for all day outfits. 


My work outfit consisted of my topshop pencil skirt, my new brown NewLook wedges and a cream knit Miss Selfridge top.
These being the chosen shoes to take me through Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
To minimise the amount of getting ready I had to do at work, I curled my hair Tuesday morning so it was simply a stop up of make up and a dress change....

And I was ready for the awards....


I teamed my navy, floaty just over the knee length primark dress (oh yes Primark can do a black tie appropriate number!) with my platform, super high cream heels from Aldo.
The length of this dress for my height (5ft 5) is a challenge and can run the risk of making my legs look short and me generally wider, I would usually go for a dress just above the knee, however this doesn't feel appropriate for black tie. To avoid that happening I wore incredibly high heels to lengthen the legs and avoid looking a little stumpy. 
I accessorised the navy with gold, my D&G watch, the beautiful curved bar necklace I got for my birthday from Oasis, and some gold bangles from H&M (only £6.99)

Whilst at the event there were some absolutely stunning outfits, including this fantastic coral dress from Mango on ASOS, worn by the gorgeous Lisa.


A perfect summer dress that can be dressed up with heels as Lisa has done or worn with a sandal for a day event. The low V neck elongates the upper body, the dress nips in at the waist and the bottom half is floaty without 'poofing' out keeping a slim line silhouette.

To do black tie with edge this playsuit worn by the fabulous Harriet is an amazing look!


Worn with open toe shoe and a styled with a wavy down doo the black is broken up perfectly. 

x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment