About Me

About Me

Saturday, 31 August 2013

SW4!!! Festival Time!!

Last weekend I was at SW4, a day festival on Clapham Common, and don't get me wrong I was looking forward to having a dance with my pals and a few (and a few more) drinks but for me festivals an incredibly exciting platform for fashion!

On rout to meet the girls armed with my over night stuff and plenty of drink I wore my new green and white tee dress from Primark, only £6, super comfy and perfect for train journeys in this hot and sticky weather!!
I would also wear this tee dress out, simply change the wellies to a pair of heels and a chunky gold necklace and your ready for a night out. 


I found another little gem in Primark recently, I got this fab fringe bag for just £4!!!


The combination of the fringing with the stud and zip detail give the bag an eclectic boho and rock feel.
It's also a really great size for a day bag, my bags tend to be on the larger size but in that I'm encouraged to keep putting 'stuff' in it, stuff that I often don't need! This bag fits all the essentials, plus a little room for some make up.

Festivals are also the perfect opportunity to go all out on the jewelry front, and that I did!


With this 'funky' look you can break all the rules when it comes to keeping the metal colour consistent.
Finished off with black nails, accessories were complete.

My outfit choice was very simple, my demin playsuit...but hair doo and the right footwear choice left me in a pickle!


My original plan was to wear my hair up in a high bun (with the help of a medium size donut) with my new, and in my opinion pretty awesome heeled trainers.


NewLook have brought out these fantastic black, white and a touch of leopard print heeled trainers for just £19.99.
And for us dinky 5ft 5ers these are a fab choice for casual events where trainers would be the shoe of choice but also adding a little height, to make our leg look a little longer and slimmer!


However on the other hand having gone a full on blonde (with the help of Gariner olia hair dye) I wanted to wear my hair down, in this messy wavy style.


Also I got to thinking it would be much more practical to wear wellies and having left my hunters at work, my back up flower power wellies were called up for duty.

In the end I went for a combination, hair down and the heeled trainers, after all as my pal Kelly said 'no one dies being thankful for how practical they were in life' so awesome new trainers it was!

The fashionistas were out in force at SW4 and kindly a few of the fabulously dressed ladies let me 'pap' them for this post.


The beautiful Amy rocked this all white (very brave, if that were me it'd have mud and food marks all over it, I'm impressed!!) vest and short coordinate, both from Missguided.
All white is very in right now and with these fabulously fun florescent orange wellies Amy has created the perfect classy and fun balance in her festival look!



My next fashion pap snap was of Stevie, this gorgeous and simple floaty black dress from assos, with her loose wavey hair and black shades give an effortlessly cool look. Stevie also very creatively took the orange necklace I believe they were giving out at the Jager tent and turned it into a fantastic head piece!!


When I saw this bright, bold, incredibly awesome dress I couldn't help but stop Zoe in her tracks for a fashion snap. I LOVE this dress Zoe picked up in RiverIsland, its loose enough to be comfy for all that festival shape throwing but fitted enough to not give a sack look.
I love how Zoe's accessorised the dress with a chunky gold necklace (also RiverIsland) and gold hoop earrings. I'm also incredibly jealous of her sunglasses from asos, I have wanted some round, gold framed sunnies for a while, fingers crosses asos still have them in stock! And finally the look is finished off with her fab lilac wellies! Fantastic job Zoe!


Last but my no means least, and actually if I'm totally honest I love all of these ladies looks but this just edges it as my favorite. Leanne has teamed this lemon with silver sequins topshop vest with navy and white flower print Oasis shorts. Both items quite loose but with the shorts being high-waisted draws in the material at the waist keeping an hourglass shape. 
Beautiful outfit hun!!

Thanks so much to the four lovely ladies who gave me permission to use their pictures for this post.


I hope you had an awesome day/night

x x x

4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute! Love your rings!

    PS. We've a $150 giveaway to Nasty Gal on our blog! Check it out, if you'd like!

    xx
    Davie and Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for reading my blog, I've entered your giveaway :) x x x

      Delete
  2. Hey, where have you been - missing your posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, I'm so sorry work has been crazy busy, am on the case now!!!

      Super flattered that you enjoy my blog so much!!!

      x x x

      Delete