About Me

About Me

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Winter Wish List

First winter wish list ahhhhhhh so excited!!! I LOVE Winter fashion!!!

Coats

In the UK a good coat in the winter is a must have! And it seems Miss Selfridge have taken the leadi in the fab coat category this year.


All of the coats above are beautiful classic shapes but also remain on trend with either leather look sleeves, a faux fur trim and we're even seeing the aztec print (which was a key print this summer) trickle into this years winter wear.


1. TopShop - Love the colour, love the shape but sadly for me it's a little too long and would make me look about 4ft. If they made this in the Petite range I would be incredibly tempted to buy!!

2. NewLook - BARGAIN only £29.99 reduced from £39.99, I love the colour, this is great length for us girls 5ft 5 and under. The collar is gorgeous and the tied waist nips you in at the smallest part of the body creating a fab hourglass shape.

3. Oasis - The most expensive of the bunch at just under £100 but isn't it beautiful! I love this coat for very similar reasons as the NewLook coat but this one has an added touch of elegance and glamour.
Ah I love it!!!

4. RiverIsland - If you want to go bold with this years winter coat then this RiverIsland number is perfect. The vibrant orange is very unique, there tends to be lots of blue and red winter coats but rarely orange. The added zip detail also add a bit of edge...how brave are you feeling this year?

Knits

There's nothing better in winter than snuggling up in your favorite cozy knitwear and this year the high-street is pulling out all the stops for you.


It's nice to see that there are a lot of bright knits around this season. 
This orange jumper with leopard print detail and fabulous purple jumper with a leather look finish are my particular favorites. 

A knitted dress is also a great option that's super easy for the winter. 
The pink knitted dress has a gorgeous low V zip back detail, adding a little sassy feel to the dress. And the deep red V neck jumper dress is great for those who are top heavy, as this will elongate the neck line, lengthening out your shoulder/chest area. 


So if you read yesterdays post you'll have seen I was hoping I wouldn't be tempted to shop AGAIN whilst researching for my wish list...well I failed. 
I have every intention of walking into town later today and buying the 'great review' tagged grey top from TopShop and I'm kind of hoping RiverIsland don't have the blue cardi in store as I think there is a high possibility I will end up buying this too! ah!
 (This fashion blogging stuff is so not good for my bank balance!)

I am a sucker for pastels, they are so pretty and girlie. I think both of these RiverIsland knits are great ways of bringing a bit of summer through to winter. I especially like the blue jewel detail on the pink jumper. It's not however a jumper I'd buy as the shape would make me look like a sack of spuds (potatoes) as it is too boxy for a girl with curves.
The blue cardi however is perfect for us curvy girls, I would say it's best worn with something high-waisted underneath to highlight the waist, and show shape under the loose cardigan.

The first of the TopShop knits has had great views online and has the funky not frumpy baggy look to it...I'm so excited to get it today!!

Finally I totally missed out on a Christmas jumper last year and this is the first I've seen, so ladies if you like it and don't want to be Christmas jumpless this year, it may be worth snapping one up early! 
There's only 93 days to go!!!

x x x

2 comments:

  1. I need a new coat... that Oasis one is gorgeous! Might see if it pops up on Very so I can order it on my account...!
    Great post, you found some lovely bits! :)
    Mia
    x
    www.prettyeclectic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG isn't it! It's absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to know if you get it! And if you'd fancy it, it'd be AMAZING to get a pic of you in it on here :D

      Really pleased you like the post!

      x x x

      Delete