About Me

About Me

Saturday, 19 October 2013

Glamour, Tartan and a few of my Outfits...

This week has been another week where by I've hardly spent any time at home so my apologies for the lack of Bex and the City updates.

The last time I wore this dress I had a number of the girls at work compliment it and ask where it's from.
It is a super soft material and so incredibly easy to wear. What attracted me to this dress is that although it is very loose and has no structure, it is shapely at the top, before transcending to a floaty hemline.
If this dress were loose from the top it would make me look like a sack of spuds, so curvy girls this is a good choice if you want an easy to wear, comfy dress (great is your going out for a big dinner!!)


I got this dress from a concession in a department store and have since discovered them online. 
Glamorous sells fashionable items at very affordable prices, this dress is just £23.00.

My £23.00 Glamorous dress in tartan and leopard print
It also comes in a number or colours and patters.

I took a look at what other dresses Glamorous have to offer and found a few little gem, and it seems Sam from TOWIE agrees.


(Click on the numbers below for links to the page)
1. Fantastically structured and cut out grey dress, perfect for a glam night out - £39.00 
2. As seen on this Wednesday episode of TOWIE Sam wears this burgundy and blue cut out skater dress beautifully - £42.00
3. Tartan is so in right now and if the floaty option above isn't for you perhaps this slimline tartan dress is for you? And only £18.00!!!

Quite often when you are buying from the low priced end of the high-street some times the fabric used isn't always the best, although the material used for my grey dress is fantastic., I'd advise buying items a dress size up. The fabric will be less stretched when you wear it and will be more flattering on the body.

I mentioned tartan, which is a HUGE print right now, but if you don't really like the tradition tartan print, there are so many fabulous variations on the high-street.


1. Orange and white tartan skirt from TopShop, if red isn't really your colour this is a wonderfully unique and bright tartan option - £38.00
2. Glamorous have really taken to the tartan trend, this long sleeve crop top would look great with both jeans and a leather skirt - £18.00
3. Another of the prints my grey dress comes in, I really love the colours in this tartan print they give it a bit of a festive feel, and it's a warm cozy dress too, perfect for Christmas - £23.00
4. These trousers are the same shape/style as my blue and yellow check, as I call them 'granddad pants'. They are super easy to wear and can be dressed up and dressed down, and now RiverIsland are doing them in tartan - £35.00
5. I absolutely love this black, white and grey tartan boyfriend coat, a great choice for Winter - now in the sale for just £40.00
6. This is my favorite item (I think I'm in a very girlie mood right now) the colours are so incredibly cute and being high-waisted it is super flattering - £25.00


This has been my tartan purchase this season, the two different tartan prints separates the top and skirt sections of the dress, and the shirt design makes it very easy to wear. 


Working in our offices up in the north west I wore my TopShop pocket dress, Principles black blazer, teamed with black tights and black wedges.



I finished off the week with my tiger top and new black Zara skort.

I am stupidly excited to be wearing a dress I bought months ago in Zara but haven't worn yet, tonight, stay tuned for pictures.

Have a fab weekend

x x x

4 comments: