About Me

About Me

Thursday, 28 November 2013

Daily Facial Routine when on Acctane

So some of you may know from older posts that I've suffered with acne since the age of 13.
I'm now 5 weeks into my accutane treatment and it's going really well!

I am on the lowest dosage because the dermatologist was concerned about my cholesterol (high cholesterol runs in the family dam it) and my white blood cell count is quite low which is causing tiredness., but I'm seeing positive effects already.


After the first 2 weeks all my spots have gone, I'm getting a few dry patches on my face and my lips are dry but other than that my skin is looking the best it has in years! YAY!

One thing I am so glad I have maintained over the years, despite the spots, is a very good daily facial routine.
This has meant I have no scars from the acne and once the spots have disappeared my skin is in great condition. 

Step 1
Face Wash/Cleanser

Always use a facial wash!!! 
You may think your face wipe is taking off all of your make up, but use a cotton pad with a bit of toner on it after using your face wipe and you'll see there is still a lot of foundation//daily build up of dirt left on your skin.

I use the Garnier Pure Foam Wash. 
It has a gel like texture, foams up really well and leaves the skin feeling really fresh.



I've also been give this face wash by the dermatologist on prescription, it is an incredibly moisturising cream face wash, used to help with the dryness accutane causes.


Step 2
Exfoliate 

Usually every other day, but at the moment to remove the dry skin I have due to the medication I'm lightly exfoliating everyday. 
This 3 in 1 Wash Mask from Garnier is great.
You can use it as a light exfoliating daily wash, a exfoliating scrub and also a face mask.

Removing the dead skin on the face, keeps the skin looking fresh and also means foundation doesn't become flaky because of dead skin.


Step 3
Toner

There are lots of articles out there about why you should or shouldn't use toners, I am by no means a skin expert so I'd say have a read around to see what's right for you.

I use the bodyshop seaweed clarifying toner. It leaves my skin feeling a little tightened (in a nice way), it removetraces of cleanser, make-up and impurities and prepares my skin for moisturising.

I'd recommend this to anyone who like a natural toner that doesn't feel too harsh like some can.


Step 4
Moisturise

Now for a lot of people using coco butter on your face will leave it feeling far too oily, but with incredibly dry skin at the moment, this is my savior! 


If anyone is on accutane or is thinking of going to the doctor about their skin and wants to ask questions please feel free to!

x x x

2 comments:

  1. Good look with your skin routine, you look great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Tracey, after years of suffering with Acne comments like this mean so much! x x x

      Delete