About Me

About Me

Sunday, 15 December 2013

***Clothes Show Live*** (Part 2)

So although the choice of clothes to buy at the Clothes Show Live was pretty limited (in my opinion) I did find a few fab pieces.

I'd not heard of Bill and Mar until Poppy introduced me to it, and it seems I've been a step behind the celebs in discovering the brand.




From the range they had at the clothes show I chose this unusual leather look and chiffon white shirt.


Not a shirt I could wear to work with it's totally see through back, but a great piece when your in the mood for dressing a little funky on a night out.


Here I've teamed the Bill and Mar shirt with my black and white TopShop leigh jeans, and added a splash of colour in these bright red Primark stilettos.
When the weather warms up a little I can't wait to wear it with my black Zara skort.


The second of my purchases was from Caggie Dunlops range ISWAI


As worn by Caggie herself, this gorgeous hand printed silk purple top.


I absolutely love the print, the gorgeous material and the way it hangs. 



Now onto item 3, this wasn't from any particular brand and I'm sure I could pop along to Camden market and pick one of these up but I haven't had the time too, either way I have wanted a Jack Daniels tee for ages, and yay I've got one!


My last stop for clothes was Noisy May and part of the Vero Moda group. 
Two of the items were pretty basic - a black pencil skirt and simple grey dress...not particularly blog worthy but basics worth having.

The 3rd item is this black 3/4 length sleeve dip hem tee. The part of the tee I fell in love with was the back. It isn't overly clear from this picture but there is a see-through cross on the back. 


I teamed this top with black skinny jeans, grey boots and accessorised the look with these lovely little bracelets from Celliana - only £8.00!!!


My overall review is that I am unlikely to go to the Clothes Show Live again, unless I were to win spending money...because I found some great hidden gems, got to treat myself to some ray-bans and spend a lovely weekend with my wonderful friend Nat, but I wouldn't go to spend my own money. 

The ranges were limited and at least 50% of the stalls were very disappointing.  The Clothes Show would be amazing if it were to show case more up and coming designers. 

x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hi, fab review and totally agree, what you got was lovely, but like you say would you spend your own money, I felt that if someone had said to be spend what you like, I would have struggled which is very rare for me not to see anything I like xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!!! Yeah I wanted to be honest and that's what I felt, nice to know it wasn't just me!
      MERRY CHRISTMAS

      x x x

      Delete
  2. Really jealous of your trip to Clothes Show Live! I missed is this year but am hoping to go next year! xx

    www.unfortunataliex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, so sorry the the late response, it was a good event but I really struggled with the clothes, there was a lot of rubbish I have to say, but some great little jewellery stalls. Also some fab bargains on beauty products :)
      Merry Christmas x x x

      Delete