About Me

About Me

Sunday, 26 January 2014

My Latest Antics and Outfits

The past few weeks have be super busy but also incredibly fun too!
So here is the down low on the places I've been and the outfits I worn. 

***Theatre Date***

On Thursday 23rd January I went to see the highly acclaimed show One Man Two Guvnors 

 

It was after work so my outfit choice has to be an easy work to night choice.



I picked this Primark grey with lack belt pencil dress.
For work I simple added a single breasted blazer for a more professional look, then removed it for the evening.

Both items were bought a while ago but a very similar look can be achieved with the pieces from H&M, MissGuided and ASOS.

MissGuided Dress (left) - £12.99
MissGuided Dress (Right) -  £12.99
H&M Blazer - £24.99
ASOS Shoes - £25.00


Theatre Royal Haymarket is stunning and the play very much lived up to expectations!

I'd also recommend Thai Square for a pre or post show meal, great location and the food is beautiful!


***Lime Green Looks***

For a spot of brunch at Surbiton Brasserie I wore my favourite jumper from this winter. 
This H&M lime green jumper!


I teamed the jumper with black skinny jeans and grey ankle boots, then accessorised it with peach and gold earrings and statement gold necklace. 
Similar from TopShop - £8.50

I've also worn this fabulous jumper to work recently. 



For a work outfit I wore a white shirt underneath to show off the collar, and teamed it with my Zara camel pencil skirt and brown wedge NewLook heels. 


  Amy Small Satchel Bag - £49.00
To complete the look I added this Nica brown satchel bag, that I got at The Clothes Show Live.
I love the shape and colour, and really like the added purple floral detail inside. 

***Getting Sporty***

As well as my love for fashion, I'm also a bit of a sports fan. I've been going to football matches since I was 7, I grew up in Twickenham so enjoying rugby is a must and spent all of my teenage years as a competitive swimmer. 
But who says the two can't mix???

Footy

Last weekend I went to the QPR v Huddersfield game and whilst getting ready I remembered this QPR shirt my dad gave me some years ago. I believe it was his when I was just a baby.

So with this some what vintage football tee, I buttoned it to the top and added this dirty gold chunky necklace and feel like I created a pretty good look for a footy game!

I then put my hair up in a high bun, with the help of a donut (a really great hair doo when it's supposed to rain) and I was ready to join the Super Hoops fans for our win!!

Rugby

Just before the New Year the mighty Quins played the Exeter Chiefs at Twickenham stadium. 
Naturally my Quins rugby top came out for the occasion, and not only is this a fabulous pink version of the kit, it was a special charity edition raising money for cancer research.
Sport, Fashion and Charity....Perfect!!!


To add to the spectacular game, amazing atmosphere and a win, Sam Bailey and Luke Friend from X Factor performed, and I have to say, they were pretty darn good!


***Yummy Roast***

Last Sunday was time for the first roast I've had since Christmas and boy was it a goodun. 
We went to the Canbury Arms in Kingston Upon Thames, and even though I've lived around this area most my life, I had never heard of it, and it's such a hidden gem!




For lunch I wore the Jack Daniel's Tee I got from The Clothes Show live and tucked into this black Zara skort.
To keep the look casual I added opaque tights and grey ankle boots.

Bracelet - Adore My Look - £3.00
Jack Daniels Tee - Clothes Show Live (click for similar) - £16.99
Nail Polish - BarryM - £3.99
Necklace - Muru - £55.00
To add a little colour to the black, grey and white, I added this super cute turquoise and gold handcuff friendship bracelet from Adore My Look who were also at The Clothes Show Live, and I continued the turquoise colour in my nail varnish.
To finish off the look I also wore my Muru Snowflake necklace (exclusive to LuLu Winter) and this hollow diamond shape ring (from NewLook before Christmas, sorry ladies I can't find a similar one!)

***Interviewing***

I met up with a good friend of mine Jack Revell to interview him about working in the modelling/fashion industry.

Instagram
Twitter
The gorgeous Jack has been modelling for 3 years and his interview will appear on Bex and the City later next week. 
Keep your eyes peeled lady's, not only will there be more pictures of this hansom face, but also tips on date outfits, the scoop on what the modelling world is really like and some tips for those of you who want to get into fashion/modelling!!


For the interview and dinner (thanks again Jack!) I wore my H&M blue and white striped long sleeve top with this Noisey May black tube skirt. 
I then added another shade of blue in this gorgeous NewLook silver and turquoise ring.

Ahead of the New Year I would not have felt comfortable putting these two pieces together, but since the start of Jan I have lost 1/2 a stone. This has left be feeling a little more streamline in the middle, and more confident in such a body hugging outfit.   


To complete the look I added this glass column necklace from Primark. I really like the opposite direction of line between the top and the necklace, plus it adds a little sparkle to it too! 

Would love to know what you think of my looks, and keep your eye out for Mr Revell's interview!

x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I just nominated you for the liebster award! Check it out on my blog

    http://katies-antics.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, so sorry for the delay! Will take a look and will let you know when I've completed my response :) x

      Delete
  2. I love your high bun!. It’s very pretty and elegant!. You look so cute with it!. It suits you so well!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much! So sweet of you x

      Delete